www.HappyEndings.us


WANT TO HELP? www.HappyEndings.us

Are you worn out? Tired of relationships that you give more then get? Do you want someone there just for you? Someone that won't criticize your life? So the dishes aren't done, dust everywhere and your not sure where the vacuum is? Consider a cat! They are low maintenance. Food and a clean litter box (5 minutes work tops) is all they require. A cat returns love! Not unconditional love, but true love all the same! The condition is you must love and treat them with kindness! Treat an animal like crap and they will be crap!

CURRENT CAT IN THE TRUCK IS NONE!

Monday, December 15, 2014

RINGWORM KITTENS

Ringworm kittens are not in my truck but I still help with them. A facility that I won't name had 6 kittens on the executioners block for having ringworm. A totally curable fungus was their death sentence. Happy Endings No Kill Cat Shelter rescued them. They are a hassle but also very cute and loving. They showed up with more then ringworm. They all had upper respiratory. Seen at Crawford Animal Hospital they were given medications and Doctor Baker donated some of his old lab coats to help from spreading the ringworm. The shelter staff went to work cureing them. With lab coats on and rubber gloves every kitten vhad to be medicated and their cage sanitized every day. All the bedding is washed in hot water with bleach. The shelter used a new mousse that probably would have worked in a home environment but failed at the shelter. That's where I come in. The tried and true method is to medicate, shampoo with a medicated shampoo and spray with sulfadine. Washing 1 kitten is bad but doing 6 and now 8 because 2 more joined the party is dam near impossible. That is what I do. They all hate getting washed and sprayed but without the treatment they will not get better. I do not hurt them although to listen to them scream you would think I was killing them. I get the worst of it. Bitten and scratched I'm worn out by the end. There are people at the shelter that can't stand what I do. I've been accused of hurting the cats. When I step aside and ask them to do whatever needs done WELL all I hear is excuses. I try to be as quick and painless as possible. They only call me in when all else fails. How many people are willing to let a cat dig it's claws in their arm while pilling them? The ringworm kittens are looking good and hopefully are over it. Happy Endings and I will get then healthy. After all a happy ending is what the shelter is all about.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark, I love your blog. I feed feral cats at my work, as there is a trailer park in back that was trashed for many years cats were allowed to proliferate. In January I took home a 6 week old kitten that landed on my doorstep. She had herpes and terrible ringworm. My vet prescribed a liquid called Ketoconazole by mouth for 10 days. Worked wonderfully. My big cat got ringworm from the kitten (I myself got it, as well as my hairless dog). My big cat also got the same liquid and it worked just the same, hairless patches grew back. I just wish people could take it! Seems like it would be much easier than what you have been going through to treat kittens. Thanks so much for the blog! Lisa in AZ

    ReplyDelete