www.HappyEndings.us


WANT TO HELP? www.HappyEndings.us

Are you worn out? Tired of relationships that you give more then get? Do you want someone there just for you? Someone that won't criticize your life? So the dishes aren't done, dust everywhere and your not sure where the vacuum is? Consider a cat! They are low maintenance. Food and a clean litter box (5 minutes work tops) is all they require. A cat returns love! Not unconditional love, but true love all the same! The condition is you must love and treat them with kindness! Treat an animal like crap and they will be crap!

CURRENT CAT IN THE TRUCK IS NONE!

Monday, June 15, 2015

SPATZ and LITTLE ONE

Spatz and Little One had an unexpected traumatic experience.  We were pulled over in Indiana and given a quick D.O.T. inspection. This wouldn't have been so bad but the first thing all officers want to do is open your passenger door. This is just not possible with both cats sitting on a shelf just to the rear of that door. One leap and one or both cats would be gone. So I explained about the 2 feral cats and that if the officer wants the door open I would have to put them into their carriers. I wasn't going to tell the officer no, but was hinting at maybe just not opening the door would be a better plan. So I told the officer to give me a minute to catch them. I was being very optimistical.  As soon as I grabbed the carrier they were off. Spatz went one way and Little One went another. The officer moved to the front of the truck and was watching through the windshield.  Little One flew up onto and across the dash. While I went after Spatz.  Across the bed, over a cabinet, behind the seat and back across the bed. I glanced at the officer who did not look thrilled. Spatz jumped on a shelf and I pushed her into a carrier. Then I went after Little One. I had her almost in the carrier when she twisted and got away. After several more laps around the cab of the truck I finally got her. The passenger door was open and we went through a couple minutes of paperwork like drivers license,  log book, bill of lading and registration.  Then the officer was gone back to his car to make out a report. A few minutes later I was handed everything back, given the report and was gone. I did give the officer a card with this blog address on it. I also let Spatz and Little One out before I drove off. They were not happy to put it mildly.  They starred at me and took off if I even came by them. What was worse is that our driver had to use my truck while I worked on his and so I had to catch them again so they could go to our house. I had more time so it did go a little better. It's funny though at our house Spatz basically walks into the carrier. Little One still does the no fucking way sprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment